Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An Apple Lane Birthday Party.

This is my grandmother, she's like a mother to me. The name Apple Lane has a special meaning for me, and she's the reason why. These photos are from her birthday party this past summer.


She is beautiful. She is strong. She is accomplished. She is wise.

Apples from their tree.


This was our picture booth. Supplied with hats, scarves, old costume jewelry and lots of feather boas.







Pretty flowers in teapots for every table.







Grandma Flora. Absolutely cherished by her great-granddaughter.


Grandpa's at the very top of her list too.

Many, many years married. Always standing side by side.

Photos of my grandmother. My grandfather placed the apple right in the middle, she is the apple of his eye.



Alana wrote her a poem and framed it.



And then there's my Dylan. Doing what little boys do best, playing with old bricks and cars.

2 comments:

  1. Hi kaela, thanks for following my blog. You have a beautiful blog. I just love the pictures with grandparents, your kids...absolutely gorgeous!!!! I'll be following you too and I'll also have your blog as one of my inspirations. See you soon,
    XoXo, Li from Creamy White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaela, and yes, put you daughter to do this project. It's so easy and fun, and I feel wonderful now that you compare my pillow with Rach's!!!
    Have an awesome weekend!
    Li

    ReplyDelete